- Android OS, v6.0 (Marshmallow) Operating System
- 720 x 1280 Pixels (~282 ppi Pixel Density) Display Resolution
- 13 mp, F/2.2, Autofocus, LED Flash primary camera
- 5 mp, F/2.2 secondary camera
- 16 GB, 2/3 GB RAM
- 142 g (5.01 oz) Weight
Vivo Y55s price, Specifications & features
The Chinese handset manufacturer, Vivo is known to deliver the premium designed and high quality Y series range of smartphones under INR 10,000 price range. With its low-cost and medium price strategy, it has established its foothold in Android smartphone market offlately in the budget segment in Indian smartphone market. After Vivo Y55L, the company is ready with its upgraded version device this year- Vivo Y55s priced at 12,490. It is an entry level smartphone with sleek metallic unibody design. It is equipped with specifications like 5.2-inch HD display having 720p resolution and 282ppi pixel density, 3GB RAM, 16GB onboard storage (which can be expanded upto 256GB), 13MP rear and 5MP front camera with LED flash, 4G VoLTE connectivity and 1.4GHz quad core chipset. The display is equipped with 'Eye protection' feature to provide strain-free experience to the users by reducing the blue light. With 141 gms weight and 7.5mm thickness, it will easily fits in your hand.
Introduction and Design :
Like all other previous Vivo handsets, this model also comes with a metal body with 2.5D glass in the front with curved edges. It is slim having 7.5mm thickness and dimensions of 147.9 x 7.9 x 7.5 mm. In terms of weight, it is quite to convenient to carry at only 141gms. It still sports premium look and looks gorgeous with a metal side frame and a 2.5D glass on both front and back surface. It is equipped with three card slots supporting dual SIMs and external microSD card for expanding storage. It is available in Crown Gold and Space Grey colour variants.
Display and Configuration :
This device boasts of a 5.2-inch IPS LCD TFT HD display offering the resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels along with a decent pixel density of 282 ppi. The display lacks Gorilla Glass protection. The device is powered with a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor which is clocked at 1.4GHz. This powerful configuration paired with an ample 3GB RAM, Adreno 308 graphics and Smart Split feature provides lag-free multitasking and great visual experience while watching videos and playing games. The user can also play heavy games without any heating or lag issues. It comes with decent 16GB internal storage to store media and apps. If this not sufficient, then you can also expand the storage upto 256GB via a microSD card. This dual Sim device runs on Android v6.0 Marshmallow operating system out-of-the-box wrapped under Funtouch OS 3.0 UI.
Camera Performance :
For photography, the handset sports an autofocus 13-megapixel rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED flash and inbuilt features like panorama, High Dynamic Range mode (HDR), Continuos Shooting mode, Digital Zoom, Exposure compensation, touch focus, face detection, geo tagging, Self Timer, Scene Mode, Screen Flash and White balance presets to capture bright and crisp images all types of light conditions. It can also record 1080p videos with ease. The front camera is 5-megapixel with same aperture, wide-angle support for excellent selfie experience, video recording at 30 frames per second and video calling. The image quality is great due to its smart light sensor which adjusts the screen brightness to get enhanced selfie experience.
Battery and Connectivity :
The device is power packed with a 2730 mAH battery which lasts for couple of hours or may a day on medium usage without any failure. In terms of connectivity, it offers various options like dual-SIM functionality, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS/ BDS, FM radio, microUSB v2.0, and 4G LTE (supports Indian bands), Mobile Hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct and 3.5mm headphone jack. The variety of sensors supported includes Accelerometer, Compass, Gyroscope, Proximity sensor and Light sensor. It lacks fingerprint scanner and NFC feature.
Key Features of Vivo Y55s at a glance :
- It runs on Android v6.0 Marshmallow operating system wrapped under FunTouch 3.0 UI.
- The device comes with a 5.2-inch HD LCD IPS display with 720p resolution and 282ppi pixel density.
- It is powered by a 1.4GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor along with 3GB RAM and 16GB internal storage memory expandable upto 256GB via microSD card.
- It flaunts a 13MP rear camera with autofocus, LED flash and 5MP front facing camera.
- It is powered by a non-removable Li-ion 2730mAH battery providing talk-time of around 18-20 hours. It offers various connectivity options like 4G VoLTE, Wi-fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS, NFC and microUSB 2.0 port.
Why should you buy Vivo Y55s ?
- 2.5D scratch resistant glass :The display of Vivo Y55s is protected with a 2.5D glass on the front of the device which makes it scratch resistant and protects the screen from minor scratches, damages or any type of mishaps.
- Selfie camera :Though the phone is equipped with an average 5 Megapixel camera but it comprises of impressive features like f/2.2 aperture and screen flash resulting in enhanced selfie clicks.
Reasons not to buy Vivo Y55s ?
- Lack of fingerprint scanner :At such a price range around 10K, it is difficult to believe that the phone is not equipped with fingerprint sensor. This will definitely prevent lot of potential buyers from buying this handset.
- Average processor :It comes with Snapdragon 425 processor which is a very basic chipset as compared to other similar priced devices which are offering octa-core or more advanced Snadragon 6XX SoC processor onboard.
How is Vivo Y55s different from its predecessor Vivo Y55L ?
Though both the devices sport similar look and design but they differ a lot in their hardware specifications and features. Y55s comes with higher 3GB RAM resulting in better multitasking and switching over between multiple apps as compared to 2GB RAM supported by Y55L. In terms of camera, Y55s scores better with its 13MP rear and 5MP front camera with LED flash and other latest features like screen flash and various modes. Y55L features faster CPU with 1.4GHz octa-core chipset ensuring smoother performance and better user interface. Also, Y55s offers huge expandable storage upto 256GB whereas in Y55L, the user can expand the internal storage space upto 128GB only.
Our viewpoint on Vivo Y55s :
Vivo Y55s is a good choice for selfie lovers who wish to capture great images in all types of light conditions- in daylight or night mode. It has ample RAM ensuring lag-free multitasking and great gaming experience. However, it will face tough competition from Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 which has much better specifications such as powerful battery and robust configuration but is lower priced.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)Is it dual SIM?
Ans : Yes, the device supports dual sim functionality.Does it have fingerprint sensor?
Ans : No, it does not have fingerprint sensor.What is major difference between Vivo Y55L and Vivo Y55s?
Ans : The major hardware difference between Y55s and Y55L is RAM and processor. Y55s has 3GB RAM and Y55L has 2GB RAM. Also, Y55s has faster 1.4GHz chipset than Y55L.How much actual Internal storage space is available to the user? Can we move the apps to SD card?
Ans : This handset comes with 16 GB of inbuilt storage, of which around 12 GB of space is available to the user. The supported apps can be easily moved to the SD card in case you have more storage requirement.Does it support 4G LTE connectivity?
Ans : Yes, it does support 4G LTE. Hence will support Jio SIM as well.Is the device come with USB OTG support?
Ans : Yes, Vivo Y55S comes with USB OTG feature.Does its camera has dual tone flash for better results?
Ans : No, the camera is equipped with only single LED flash.Can we remove the battery in case of any emergency?
Ans : No, unfortunately it has non-removable battery.What is the maximum resolution does the video recording supports?
Ans : It can record in the highest resolution of 1080p though it is unable to record slow motion videos.
Vivo Y55s Price in India
TATACLIQVivo Y55s 16 GB (Crown Gold) 3 GB RAM, Dual SIM₹6,799 ₹13490As on 3:37:16am 20-08-2019 TATACLIQVivo Y55s 16 GB (Space Grey) 3 GB RAM, Dual SIM₹8,999 ₹13000As on 3:37:16am 20-08-2019 AMAZONVivo Y55s (Crown Gold)₹10,300 ₹13490As on 4:31:34am 20-08-2019 AMAZONVivo Y55s Mobile Phone Gold Colour₹10,990 ₹13499As on 3:37:23am 20-08-2019 AMAZONVivo Y55S (Grey)₹11,200 ₹13490As on 4:31:34am 20-08-2019 FLIPKARTVivo Y55S (Matte Black, 16 GB) (3 GB RAM)₹8,990As on 4:06:41am 20-08-2019 FLIPKARTVivo Y55S (Grey, 16 GB) (3 GB RAM)₹13,530As on 4:06:41am 20-08-2019
Products like Vivo Y55s
SNAPDEALVIVO Y55S Soft Silicon Cases Hopsack - Black₹198 ₹999As on 3:35:26pm 18-08-2019 SNAPDEALVIVO Y55S Hybrid Covers Hopsack - Black₹198 ₹999As on 3:35:26pm 18-08-2019 SNAPDEALVIVO Y55S Printed Cover By Tecozo 3d Printed Cover₹249 ₹999As on 3:35:27pm 18-08-2019 SNAPDEALVIVO Y55S Printed Cover By PrintVisa₹279 ₹1199As on 3:35:26pm 18-08-2019 SNAPDEALVIVO Y55S Printed Cover By Fundook 3d Printed Cover₹289 ₹999As on 3:37:35am 18-08-2019 SNAPDEALVIVO Y55S Plain Cases Coverage - Black₹349 ₹999As on 3:35:26pm 18-08-2019 SNAPDEALVIVO Y55S Plain Cases COVERNEW - Black₹364 ₹999As on 3:35:27pm 18-08-2019 SNAPDEALVIVO Y55S Shock Proof Case Addindia - Black D2 Dual Layer Kickstand Cover₹399 ₹999As on 3:35:26pm 18-08-2019 SNAPDEALVIVO Y55S Printed Cover By Sowing Happiness₹422 ₹1299As on 3:35:27pm 18-08-2019 SNAPDEALVivo Y55s Printed Cover By Emble₹449 ₹1299As on 3:37:35am 18-08-2019 SNAPDEALVIVO Y55S Shock Proof Case Worth IT - Golden₹578 ₹1499As on 3:35:27pm 18-08-2019
- The price of Vivo Y55s ranges from lowest price ₹ 6799 to highest price ₹ 13530.
- Vivo Y55s is available at a best price of ₹ 6799 from Tatacliq.
- The latest price of Vivo Y55s was fetched by us on 5:53:01am 20-08-2019.
- Price of the Vivo Y55s above is in INR/Indian Rupees.
- The prices for mobiles like Vivo Y55s are valid in all major cities of India like Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Pune, Ahmedabad, Coimbatore, Lucknow, Trichy, Madurai, Trivandrum, Mysore, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Pondicherry, Bhopal, Patna, Bhubaneswar, Amritsar, Cochin, Allahabad, Srinagar, New Delhi, Surat, Ludhiana, Navi Mumbai, Ghaziabad, Bengaluru, Indore, Nagpur, Thane, Agra, Meerut, Ranchi. The delivery feasibility and charges may be varying, hence for them please check with the particular seller or store.
- Although we make a lot of effort to get you the best and the most accurate prices, we cannot guarantee this in every case due to the dynamic nature of online information. Hence you are requested to go through the actual store listings in detail before making a purchase.
- The payment options available can vary from seller to seller, but a generally they are Cash on Delivery(COD), Credit Card, Debit Card, NetBanking, EMI(Equated monthly Installments) etc.
Product Description for Vivo Y55s
Vivo Y55s runs the android os, v6.0 (marshmallow) Operating System. It has a quad-core 1.4 ghz cortex-a53 processor at its core. There is internal memory of 16 gb, 2/3 gb ram and this mobile supports microsd, up to 256 gb (dedicated slot) external memory. Sim card supported is dual sim (nano-sim/ micro-sim, dual stand-by). The handset measures 147.9 x 72.9 x 7.5 mm (5.82 x 2.87 x 0.30 in) and weighs 142 g (5.01 oz).
The phone has a 5.2 inches (~69.1% screen-to-body ratio) ips lcd capacitive touchscreen, 16m colors display. Resolution of the screen is 720 x 1280 pixels (~282 ppi pixel density). Pixel Density of the display is 282ppi.
Vivo Y55s has two cameras, the rear camera is 13 mp, f/2.2, autofocus, led flash used for taking photos whereas the front camera is of 5 mp, f/2.2 useful in video calling and selfies. This mobile supports video recording.
Battery and Connectivity
Connectivity features of the phone are 4g: lte band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 40(2300) - malaysia, vietnam; lte band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900) - thailand, indonesia, myanmar, philippines; lte band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 40(2300) - india, gprs, edge, 3g: hsdpa 850 / 900 / 2100, bluetooth: v4.2, a2dp, le, gps: yes, with a-gps, glonass, bds.
Vivo Y55s also deserves a mention of the other details which are namely Sensors like accelerometer, proximity, compass.
- For a quick reference, the key features of Vivo Y55s at one glance are :
- Display: 5.2", 720x1280 pixels
- 16GB storage, microSD card slot
- 142g, 7.5mm thickness
- Camera: 13MP, 1080p
- Battery: 2730mAh, Li-Ion
- Memory: 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 425
- Android OS, v6.0
About the brandVivo is an established and very popular brand in the current Indian online market scenario. Products by the brand Vivo are available at stores like snapdeal, amazon, industrybuying, tatacliq, aliexpress, shopclues, flipkart, paytmmall, rediff. It sells various items under the categories mobiles, headphones and earphones, hair dryers, mobile batteries, smart glasses and vr headsets, speakers.
Specifications for Vivo Y55s
|Non-Removable li-ion 2730 mah Battery|
|Dimensions||147.9 x 72.9 x 7.5 mm (5.82 x 2.87 x 0.30 in)|
|SIM||Dual SIM (Nano-SIM/ Micro-SIM, Dual Stand-by)|
|Weight||142 g (5.01 oz)|
|Features||Geo-Tagging, Touch Focus, Face Detection, HDR, Panorama|
|Primary||13 mp, F/2.2, Autofocus, LED Flash|
|Secondary||5 mp, F/2.2|
|Bluetooth||V4.2, A2DP, le|
|GPS||Yes, with a-GPS, Glonass, bds|
|USB||Microusb v2.0, USB on-The-go|
|Wlan||Wi-fi 802.11 B/g/n, wi-fi Direct, Hotspot|
|Resolution||720 x 1280 Pixels (~282 ppi Pixel Density)|
|Size||5.2 Inches (~69.1% Screen-to-Body Ratio)|
|Type||IPS LCD Capacitive Touchscreen, 16m Colors|
|- Funtouch OS 3.0|
|Messaging||SMS(Threaded View), Mms, Email, Push Mail, im|
|Sensors||Accelerometer, Proximity, Compass|
|MP4/h.264 Player; ; MP3/WAV/FLAC/EAAC+ Player; ; Photo/video Editor; ; Document Viewer|
142g, 7.5mm Thickness
Android OS, v6.0
16GB Storage, microSD Card Slot
Display: 5.2", 720x1280 Pixels
Camera: 13MP, 1080p
Memory: 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 425
Battery: 2730mAh, Li-Ion
|Card Slot||microSD, up to 256 GB (Dedicated Slot)|
|Internal||16 GB, 2/3 GB RAM|
|Colors||Crown Gold, Rose Gold, Space Gray|
|2G Bands||GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2|
|3G Bands||HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100|
|4G Bands||Lte Band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 40(2300) - Malaysia, Vietnam; lte Band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900) - Thailand, Indonesia, Myanmar, Philippines; lte Band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 40(2300) - India|
|Speed||Hspa 42.2/5.76 Mbps, lte Cat4 150/50 Mbps|
|Technology||GSM / Hspa / lte|
|Chipset||Qualcomm Msm8917 Snapdragon 425|
|Cpu||Quad-Core 1.4 GHz Cortex-a53|
|OS||Android OS, v6.0 (Marshmallow)|
|Alert Types||Vibration; MP3, WAV Ringtones|
Vivo Y55s : A Vivo phone with triple card slots
Vivo is a Chinese smartphone manufacturer based out of Guangdong, China and was founded in the year 2009. It has carved a niche in the Indian market by focussing on low cost and medium priced mobile phones. It has recently launched Vivo Y55s which is an upgraded version of Vivo Y55L. Vivo Y55s price is around 12K and is available in two colour variants- Crown gold and Space grey.
- Smart light sensor
- Excellent camera performance
- Ample RAM and fast processor ensuring efficient multitasking and smooth performance
- Expandable storage memory option upto 256GB
- Good audio performance
- Comes with triple card slots
- Additional features like Eye protection mode, Smart screen flash and Smart split 2.0 mode.
- Average display
- Average battery backup
- Non-removable battery
Display and Design :
This entry level phone by Vivo is an upgraded version of Vivo Y55L. Lookwise, Vivo Y55s looks quite similar to other Vivo devices and sports a premium unibody design with 2.5D glass in the front with curved edges. It is slim with 7.5 mm thickness having dimensions 147.9 x 73 x 7.5 mm. It is easy to hold in hand as it is light weight weighing 141 gms. The rear camera is placed in such a manner that it does not protrude and remains scratchless. It is equipped with three card slots (providing dual SIM functionality and one memory card slot) offering ample options and flexibility. Two SIM card slots support internet speed upto 150Mbps making life easy, simple and faster. The third slot provides additional storage upto 256GB enabling us to store more pictures, videos and music. Vivo Y55s flaunts a 5.2-inch IPS LCD display with the HD resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels and 282 ppi pixel density offering sharper images, wider viewing angles and great contrast levels hence offering excellent visual experience for all gaming and multimedia requirements. The display supports multi-touch upto 5 fingers and comes with a scratch resistant coating. The colour reproduction is decent but not very sharp. If you want more vibrant colours, better brightness and contrast ratio, then you can opt for similar priced Lenovo K6 power.
Internal Processor and Storage :
The handset is powered with latest quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 MSM8917 processor clocked at 1.4 GHz paired with ample 3GB RAM and Adreno 306 GPU for enhanced gaming experience, lag-free multitasking and powerful performance. This robust configuration comes with newer architecture which ensures lower power consumption and provides great experience without worrying about any performance issues or hiccups. The user will also get smooth and hassle-free working while downloading apps, sharing pictures, download content, playing games and watching your favourite videos. In terms of software specifications, it runs on latest Android v6.0 Marshmallow operating system which is customised with FunTouch 3.0 user interface which is very convenient. This FunTouch UI is very colourful, vibrant and easy to operate. The phone comes with 16GB inbuilt memory for the user to store apps, pictures, songs, videos and data. The internal storage can be further expanded upto 256GB via a microSD card which is more than sufficient and can even store heavy games.
Camera Quality :
In terms of photography department, it is equipped with 13MP autofocus rear camera and LED flash and 5MP front camera with various features and photography modes like f/2.0 Aperture, Auto Focus, Contious Focus, Digital Zoom, Geo tagging, Panorama, HDR, Touch Focus, Face Detection, White Balance, ISO Setting, Exposure Compensation, Self Timer, Scene Mode, Screen Flash which ensures brilliant picture quality in all types of light conditions. Both the cameras can record full HD videos at 30 frames per second. Face beautify 6.0 feature ensures more beautiful and natural pictures by choosing the parameters according to your taste. Selfie camera is decent but is definitely not a great choice for selfie lovers.
Battery and Connectivity :
This 4G-enabled device is powered by a non-removable 2,730 mAH Li-polymer battery which can provide uninterrupted usage for atleast a day on medium usage. It does not support fast charging and takes couple of hours to charge it to a full capacity. The various connectivity options available are dual-SIM functionality, 4G LTE with VoLTE, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS/ BDS, mobile hotspot, Wi-fi direct, WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, FM radio, microUSB v2.0 port and 3.5mm headphone jack. It includes sensors such as Accelerometer, Gyroscope Sensor, Light Sensor and Proximity Sensor. It lacks NFC and fingerprint sensor.
Why Should You Not buy this phone?
- Display : This phone supports HD display (720p) whereas the user can easily get full HD display in this price range. The display brightness does not deliver great results during day time.
- Lack of fingerprint sensor : Vivo Y55s does not have a fingerprint sensor which is a very commonly available feature in all the smartphones these days.
Additional Features :
- Smart Screen Flash : This feature ensures that the screen brightens up automatically in dark conditions making the face brighter and clearer resulting in great selfie clicks even in low light environment as the smart light sensor detects different conditions and adjusts the screen brightness accordingly.
- Smart Split 2.0 :Smart split results in fast multitasking as you can split the screen into two while doing dual operations simultaneously. For instance, if you get a text message while watching a video then you can split the screen into two parts wherein you can view the video in one half and reply to the message in the other half of your screen. This latest and updated Smart split feature also supports wide range of applications.
- Eye Protection mode :This feature reduces strain on the eyes by filtering out blue light and taking care of your eyes.
What makes Vivo Y55s unique?
This is the only Vivo smartphone to have highest camera resolution (13MP) and Highest RAM (3GB RAM) in the price bracket between Rs. 10,000-15,000.
Final Verdict :
Vivo Y55s comes with decent specifications and decent battery life which can easily last for a day but there are other phones in lower price range which offer better features.
Price Chart for Vivo Y55s
We have analysed price data for Vivo Y55s for a period of 89 days. The price chart shows following things:
- The lowest price has been ₹ 6799.
- The highest price recorded is ₹ 6799.
- The average price is ₹ 6799.
Our Recommendation for buying Vivo Y55s
The best price of Vivo Y55s has not shown much overall variation over the recorded period. The average for best price is more or less stable. Since Vivo Y55s has been at this price for some time, our recommendation will be to buy it at the best price in India of ₹ 6799 now.