Though the year 2017 witnessed the immense growth of smartphone industry, there were few disappointing launches that failed to impress the consumers and tech geeks. Most of the flagship phones were equipped with latest trending features like Edge-to-edge bezel-less displays, Dual cameras, Quick charge support and high resolution selfie cameras along with the advanced technologies such as AR and AI, being incorporated in these phones. However, there were few phones that failed to live upto the expectations of smartphone users and techies. We have come with Top 5 smartphones that disappointed us in 2017.
1. Google Pixel 2 XL : After the huge success of 2016 Pixel and Pixel XL, lot more was expected from this year's Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL. They failed to impress the users as there were several discrepancies like lack of wireless charging or expandable storage, bad viewing angles and dull screen display. Its 6-inch display has been found to have certain issues or bugs hence causing slight inconvenience or discomfort. For a price of around 70K, we can get better options from other smartphone makers like Samsung, Apple, LG etc.
2. iPhone 8 : Another flagship phone that failed to prove its worth in the industry is Apple iPhone 8. The successor of iPhone 7 was over-hyped and did not offer any significant improvement over its predecessor. The major reason for its downfall was the launch of iPhone X which is equipped with advanced technological advancements like TrueDepth camera, new Face ID, OLED display and wireless charging.
3. HTC U Ultra : HTC company has always been designing impressive looking phones, whether it be U11, U10 or the latest U Ultra model. Apart from looks, there is nothing great in this phone as it comes with low specs sheet at a price of around 60K. Its fragile glass body, heavy weight and lack of water resistance and absence of headphone jack also contributed to its downfall to a major extent. It also has a second display which is more of a fancy gimmick and is not much useful to consumers.
4. LG G6 : LG G6 was launched in early 2017 but it failed to live upto the expectations as it was backed by a inferior configuration with an outdated 14nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 chipset. At exorbitant price of Rs 50,000, it did not offer smooth working as it suffered from lot of bugs and frequent app crashes hence disappointing most of its prospective buyers.
5. Nokia 6 : The last disappinting smartphone of 2017 in our list is Nokia 6. Nokia 6 sports an all-metal unibody design and full HD display. Apart from it being sturdy and having strong built with powerful battery, it had nothing much to offer as it was equipped with outdated hardware and inferior camera at quite a high price. It is not a great value buy. The mid-ranged phones like Xiaomi Mi A1, Moto G5 Plus have great features at reasonable pricing and provider better all-rounder performance.