Air coolers, also referred as EVAPORATIVE/ DESERT AIR COOLERS , are cheaper and efficient way of cooling a room. They work well in dry areas but are not effective in humid climates. Though the air conditioners have replaced air coolers these days, but the people still prefer to use air cooler for home as there are lot of advantages of air coolers that have maintained their popularity in the market. Here are few tips to help you buy the BEST COOLER FOR HOME for your house:
- Choosing the type of Air Cooler : There are different kinds of air coolers available in market like evaporative/desert coolers and portable room coolers. If you want to cool a larger area, then you will need desert coolers. They requires more power, more space and more water but provide better cooling. For personalized use and smaller room, portable coolers can work best. However, always buy air coolers that provide a better cooling effect and less noise.
- Features of Air Cooler : Once you have chosen the brand and model of the air cooler, you need to check the main features of air cooler.
- Thickness of pad: Pad thickness is essential to get air cooled well. Cooler pads should have thickness of about 90 mm so that its performance is good.
- Variable Speed : Variable speed coolers are used to control the speed of the fan. It is better if the cooler has options for regulating speed.
- Automatic Water Level Controller : There must be an automatic water level controller which can maintain water in the cooler at preset levels and prevent flooding.
- Automatic Shutoff Dampers : The shutoff dampeners are flaps in discharge of fan or in duct which opens when fan starts and closes when the fan is put off. This reduces the loss of cooling from the cooler.
- Remote Control: Air coolers nowadays come with remote control for easy and convenient mode of operation. With the remote control, we can also set the speed control.
- Choosing Air Cooler size : If a larger area requires to be cooled then go for a larger air cooler. For a smaller room, a personalized air cooler can do the needful. Also, the height of the ceiling is to be considered while looking for an air cooler. If the ceiling of the room is low, a smaller air cooler is quite sufficient. You can identify the proper size of air cooler by using below mentioned formula: (SQUARE FEET AREA X CEILING HEIGHT) / 2 = CFM OF AIRFLOW NEEDED. CFM stands for cubic feet per minute, the amount of space that the evaporative cooler can blow. Find the cubic square feet of your room by multiplying the square footage (length of the room) by the height of the ceiling (width of the room).
- Finding the Right Brand : Once you have decided the type and size of air cooler, after that the next important step is to choose the brand. Some popular brands of air coolers in India are SYMPHONY , KENSTAR , BAJAJ , USHA LEXUS , HAVELLS , RAM AIR COOLERS , CROMPTON etc.
ADVANTAGES OF AIR COOLERS :
- Cost-effectiveness: Air coolers are easily affordable and are much cheaper than air conditioners. You can buy them at prices starting from Rs. 3500. Cooling is also effective during the Indian summers. The cost of operation is also lower than that of the air conditioner.
- Energy-efficient : Air coolers consume up to 10 times less energy than ACs, hence minimizing the electricity bills. They can also work in low voltage areas.
- Environment- friendly :Air coolers are safe and do not cause any harm to the environment as they emit very low CO2 which is toxic as compared to air conditioners. They also use fresh, clean air from the environment. You can keep windows open for better air circulation whereas ACs circulate stale air inside a closed room.
- Portability : For window AC installation, we require to dig a hole in the house whereas air coolers are portable and can be used in any part of the house.
DISADVANTAGES OF AIR COOLERS :
- They do not work as well in humid climates. Evaporative cooling works best in dry climates. Too much moisture in the outside air makes the system work inefficiently.
- They are not suited for the health of people suffering from asthma and other respiratory problems.
- Requires constant maintenance for efficient operation.
- You need to constantly supply the evaporative air coolers with water.
With the right approach, you can end up buying the best cooler for home which can function without any hassles after buying. For much detailed analysis and best price, refer http://www.price-hunt.com/air-coolers/
Also refer our Air Conditioner Buying Guide : Best Air Conditioner For Home
In case of places having humid climate or rainy weather, Air conditioners are advisable. See our vast collection of air-conditioners of reputed brands like LG, Hitachi, Voltas, Samsung, Daikin, Videocon and more at http://www.price-hunt.com/air-conditioners/