Price Lists Of Air Conditioners In India
What to see when buying an Air Conditioner
In hot weather, Air-coolers are cheaper option but they add to humidity especially in the months of June and July when it becomes unbearable and in that case, Air conditioners are the best option. While choosing right air-conditioner price for your room, there are certain things which have to be kept in mind like the size of your room, number of people occupying the room , outdoor climate, amount of light coming into the room, area of windows, number of windows and on which floor your room is.
Here are few tips to guide you to buy Right Air Conditioner for your house :
- Tonnage of Air conditioner : Tonnage refers to the cooling capacity of an air conditioner as per the size and requirement of the room. A thumb rule which is used internationally is that for every square foot of room, we require 20 Btu/hr (British Thermal Units per hour). The cooling capacity of an AC is measured in Btu/hr (British thermal unit/hour) which is is its ability to extract a certain amount of heat from a room in an hour.. The AC is considered to be more powerful when the Btu/hr value is higher. An oversized or high capacity air-conditioner is less effective and less energy efficient. For room size less than 150 sqft, 1 ton capacity of AC is sufficient. Atleast 1.5 ton AC capacity is needed for room size having area approximately 151 – 250 sqft, and for Room Size 251 – 400 sqft, AC capacity needed is 2 ton or above.
- Compressor : Compressor is a very important component of AC. They are classified into three types- reciprocating, rotary and scroll. Reciprocating compressors are usually used in small to medium systems, such as car ACs, and are bulky and noisy. Rotary units are compact and less noisy, while scroll compressors are the quietest and most efficient of the three. However, the last two are more expensive and are also difficult to repair.
- Split or Window AC- Which is better?
- Window air conditioner price is is quite low as compared to that of a split AC and is easy to install and maintain.
- Split AC makes less noise than window AC as the unit is installed outside the room.
- The regular maintenance is high in case of split AC. The gas has to be filled after certain time period. This is an added burden on the consumer apart from the high initial split air conditioner price.
- Leakage Issue: In case of a Split AC, sometimes the water tips from the air unit during high humidity. This is because of the fact that the droplets are formed right on the face of blower.
- Split AC is better when it comes to cooling and power efficiency.
- Energy Efficiency and Star Rating: A unit with a higher star rating is more expensive than the one with fewer stars.However, it will also consume less electricity and cut down on power consumption while saving energy and being environment-friendly. In India, an AC runs for around 252 days on an average. The BEE rates appliances from 1 to 5 stars. A 5 star AC is the most energy efficient and consumes the lowest energy while conserving energy and drastically reducing your electricity bills.But you should consider a 5 star rated product only when the consumption is extremely high. Hence with the help of above mentioned points, buyer can make a right buying decision after choosing comparing specifications and air conditioner price of various models available in the market.
Which type of air conditioner models makes the least noise?
The technology used in air conditioners has changed over the last few years and has become quite advanced. The latest air conditioner models are not as noisy as they used to be a decade ago. However, the split air conditioners are quieter and produce minimal noise as compared to the window air conditioners. So if you wish to have a sound sleep, then buying a split ac is a best option.
How to select an energy efficient air conditioner?
Air conditioner consumes lot of electricity and is a major component in your power bills in summer season. Hence, checking the Energy efficiency of the device before buying it is very important to reduce the running cost of an air conditioner besides being environment friendly. BEE (Bureau of Energy Efficiency) has provided the star rating to these electronic appliances so that it becomes quite easy for the user while choosing the right model. All the appliances have been given a star rating of 1 uptill 5. 5 star rating indicates maximum efficiency and lower rating means that the device is less energy efficient. Hence, always go for an AC that has more stars though its initial cost may be high. But if you consider in longer term, then higher star rated AC should be chosen as it reduces the power consumption leading to money saving while working. In terms of energy requirement, there is absolutely no difference between window and split ACs as both of them require same amount of energy.
Popular Air conditioner models :
The top 5 air conditioner models on Price-hunt are Micromax 1.5 ton Window AC, Voltas 1.5 Ton 3 Star 183 EY R Split Air Conditioner ,Micromax 3-star Split AC ,Hitachi 3 Star Kaze Plus RAW312/311/312KWD Window Air Conditioner and Voltas 1.5 Ton 5 Star 185 Ly Window Air Conditioner.
What are the other technical terms that every user must know while buying an air conditioner?
- BTU : BTU (British Thermal Energy) is the unit to measure energy. As a general rule, higher the BTU, better is the performance.
- Compressor :A compressor is an electric pump which is basically the heart of the cooling cycle of an air conditioner. It circulates the refrigerant gas between the evaporator coil and the finned condenser coil. It cools the entire room by driving the heat-transfer process. There are two types of compressor in an AC- scroll-type compressor or a reciprocating compressor. Out of these two, scroll-type are generally considered to be more efficient.
- Filter :The filter plays a leading role in airflow and the cleansing of the air. It cleans the air before it is circulated in the room. The dirty air conditioner filter reduces the cooling effects and hence decreasing the efficiency of the device. A filter with a higher MERV rating is considered to be better.
- Thermostat :It controls the temperature of an air conditioner. A thermostat can be either manual or programmable. These days, all the latest ac models come with a programmable thermostat which are equipped with built-in memory and timer so that the user can preset the ac at a desired temperature at different times of the day.
What is an Inverter ac? What are its advantages and disadvantages?
Inverter AC is based on the latest technology that adjusts according to your cooling needs. They operates like an accelerator in a car. With this technology, the AC compressor is always on but draws less power or more power depending on the temperature of the incoming air and the level set in the thermostat. They adjust their speed/tonnage depending on the heat load of a room. These air conditioners are more powerful and offer great savings (upto 60%) and can also maintain the temperature in a more efficient way as compared to non-inverter air conditioners. They use environment friendly refrigerant and are more healthy for us. Its working is very simple. It keeps the temperature of the room stable without turning the AC on and off again and again. Whereas in the case of non-inverter ac, if we set the temperature at 20 degree then your AC will turn off every time the temperature reaches below 20 degree and switches on again leading to the wastage of electricity.
Compare the air conditioner price and check the user reviews and specifications before taking a final buying decision. You can choose from the popular and trusted brands like Voltas, Daikin, Hitachi, LG, Lloyd, Carrier, Panasonic, Samsung and O General which offer genuine products at their lowest air conditioner prices. 1 ton and 1.5 tonnage ac is suffient for a nuclear family of 4 people. The 4-star and 5-star rated models have an added advantage because they save up on your power bills. It is also essential to check the technical specifications of air conditioners in the long run.